When it comes to healthy skin, you cannot ignore the benefits offered by spinach. This dark green vegetable has many nutrients needed for healthy skin cells and to fight the skin’s natural aging process.
Spinach has high vitamin A content, an antioxidant that keeps your skin healthy and improves skin tone. Another antioxidant, vitamin C, helps repair skin cells and keeps your skin looking beautiful.
Also, spinach is an excellent source of iron. Iron deficiency can leave you with pale-looking skin along with frail health. Spinach also has lutein that protects the skin from sun damage.
- Drink ½ a glass of spinach with a little lemon juice daily to help prevent dry and irritated skin.
- You can also include spinach in soups, salads and other dishes.
8. Green Tea
Green tea is rich in antioxidants that fight free radical damage to your skin. This can prevent dryness and flaky skin as well as improve your complexion. Plus, the polyphenols in green tea can prevent and reduce signs of premature aging like wrinkles, age spots and saggy skin.
- You can simply splash cool green tea on your face and then rinse your face with cool water.
- To make a gentle exfoliating mask at home, mix the contents of a used green tea bag with a little honey to make a paste. Apply it on your clean face, leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off. Do this once or twice a week.
- Lastly, do not forget to drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily.