Oatmeal has soothing and cooling properties and is highly effective when you need to deal with acne breakouts.
It sloughs off dead skin cells, improves skin texture and speeds up the healing process.
- Combine 1 tablespoon each of oatmeal powder and plain yogurt with 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Mix thoroughly to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on the acne.
- Scrub it around using circular motions for 2 minutes.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water.
- Do this once a week.
10. Healthy Diet
Eating a healthy and nutritious diet is an important aspect of a healthy pregnancy. Moreover, by eating healthy, you can keep your skin free from acne breakouts.
Try to increase your dietary intake of vitamin A by eating foods like milk, fish, eggs and carrots. These foods help keep skin healthy. Green vegetables and fresh fruits are also very beneficial.
Eat skin-boosting healthy fats contained in foods like avocados, salmon, walnuts and almonds. Avoid unhealthy fats like saturated fats that can aggravate acne.
At the same time, you need to cut back on sugar and refined flour products.
Drink plenty of water to help flush toxins out of your system, which helps keep your skin moist and clear of breakouts.
- Avoid scrubbing your face with a washcloth, as it can irritate the skin and make the problem worse. Instead, use your hands to gently wash your face.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft towel rather than rubbing it.
- Using a moisturizer is a must for your skin health. Always opt for an oil-free moisturizer.
- Change your pillowcases frequently and always use clean towels.
- Always wash your makeup off thoroughly before going to bed.
- Apply broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF (sun protection factor) of 30 or better before going out in the sun.
- Rest as much as possible. Stress and fatigue can trigger acne outbreaks.