Honey has antibacterial and antiseptic properties, thus it’s very effective at treating different types of acne, including that which occurs during pregnancy.
Honey is also soothing and hydrating for the skin.
- Dab a little raw honey on the affected area. Wait 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Repeat 2 or 3 times a day.
- Alternatively, prepare a paste with 1 tablespoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply it on your acne. Wait about 10 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Use this once a day.
Lemon is another natural acne-fighting ingredient that you can easily find in your kitchen. It is antimicrobial in nature, which means it can fight the bacteria responsible for acne.
It also restores the skin’s pH balance, thus reducing breakouts.
- Apply fresh lemon juice on the acne using a cotton swab.
- Allow the juice to sit for 20 minutes or so.
- Rinse your face with water.
- Do this once or twice a day.