A regular protein treatment is essential to enjoy stronger and thicker hair, even during the postpartum period. For a protein hair treatment, eggs make the best choice.
Apart from protein, eggs have several minerals and essential fatty acids that can nourish the hair and impart a natural shine.
- Use 1 or 2 eggs, depending on the length of your hair. Beat the eggs thoroughly.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply the mixture on wet hair and allow it to sit for about 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water and shampoo.
- Use this protein treatment once or twice a week.
8. Indian Gooseberry
Indian gooseberry, also known as amla, is highly nourishing for your hair. It is rich in vitamin C that helps maintain a healthy scalp and promote hair growth.
Also, its medicinal properties help a lot in reducing hair loss and maintaining a healthy hair growth rate.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of amla powder in 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Heat the mixture until it boils, then strain it. Massage the amla-infused oil onto your scalp before going to bed. The next morning, shampoo your hair as usual. Do this on a weekly basis.
- Also, consume 2 to 3 tablespoons of Indian gooseberry juice daily. This works as a powerful tonic beneficial for your hair.
- You can also eat amla fruit or take its extract as a dietary supplement. Consult your doctor before taking any supplements.