7. Soothes Sore Paws
Whether your dog has sore, itchy or inflamed paws, an apple cider vinegar soak is a quick solution to these problems.
Due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it can fight the cause of the problem as well as provide relieve from the discomfort.
- Mix 2 parts water and 1 part apple cider vinegar in a large bowl.
- Soak your pet’s irritated paws in it for up to 5 minutes.
- Don’t rinse it off, but thoroughly dry your dog’s paws after soaking.
- Repeat once or twice daily as needed until your dog shows improvement.
8. Cures Ear Infections
Ear infections in dogs are quite common. They can occur due to bacteria, fungi or ear mites.
Apple cider vinegar’s antibacterial and antifungal properties can provide quick relief and healing.
- Dilute apple cider vinegar with distilled water in a ratio of 1:1.
- Fill a bulb syringe with the solution.
- Gently put about 10 drops of the solution into your dog’s ear.
- Use cotton balls to clean out any “gunk” in your pet’s ears.
- Repeat once a day for a couple of days.
Note: Before using apple cider vinegar, it is important to make sure that the inside of the ear is not red or raw. If it is raw, consult your vet.