7. Hydrogen Peroxide
To remove the tear stains from your dog’s face, you can also use hydrogen peroxide.
- Prepare a solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide and an equal amount of water.
- Gently apply the solution over the tear stains using a cotton ball.
- Wait 5 minutes, then rinse the fur with clean water to get rid of any residue.
Note: Peroxide can be irritating, so avoid getting the product in your pet’s eyes.
If you are looking for a natural home remedy to get rid of the tear stains, chamomile is very effective. Chamomile has anti-inflammatory properties and can help combat the bacteria and fungi that may grow in the tear stains.
- Prepare a weak cup of chamomile tea.
- Allow it to cool down completely.
- Use the solution to clean the tear stains from your pet’s face.
- Finally, rinse the fur with clean water.