Suffering from a bladder infection can take a toll on your pet’s energy level. Hence, it is important to allow your dog to rest as much as possible. Proper rest will help the body heal faster.
Do not take your pet for long walks for at least seven days. However, you can encourage your pet to walk around the house from time to time for short durations.
In the meantime, make sure your dog is allowed frequent toilet breaks, as urination is essential for flushing the bacteria out of the body.
10. Vitamin C
Vitamin C is helpful for pets suffering from a UTI. It helps acidify the urine and prevent the infection from recurring.
This vitamin also boosts the immune system, which helps fight off the infection.
- Crush a 500 mg vitamin C tablet.
- Sprinkle the powder over your dog’s food.
- Do it once per day for up to 7 days.
- Keep your pet groomed, and their sleeping and feeding areas clean.
- When healthy, always take your pet for walks. It is one of the best exercises for dogs.
- Make sure your dog gets regular potty breaks, so they don’t have to hold their urine.
- Help your pet keep their rear end clean and clip long hair out of the way.
- Promote healthy bacteria growth.