4. Tightens Skin Pores
Open or large pores on the skin can contribute to different types of problems like acne and blackheads. Open pores is common in people with oily skin. To help fight this irritating problem, rice water is highly effective.
Rice water works as a natural astringent to tone and tighten your skin. It reduces large pores and helps restore the skin’s pH balance.
- Dilute rice water with an equal amount of water.
- Soak a cotton ball in the solution and apply it on your face.
- Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse it off.
- For best results, use this remedy every night after cleansing your face.
5. Improves Skin Complexion
Rice water also improves your skin complexion and makes your skin healthy and flawless. It helps flush toxins out the skin, improves skin elasticity and reduces inflammation.
Plus, it prevents aging spots and hyperpigmentation.
- Soak a cotton pad in diluted rice water.
- Apply it on your clean face like a toner.
- Allow it to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then, massage in circular motions for several minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this at least once daily.
6. Makes Skin Soft
Rice water is great for keeping your skin soft and moisturized. The protein in it prevents water loss to help keep the skin moisturized longer.
Also, it contains antioxidants that help reduce free radical damage caused by aging, sun exposure and environmental factors.
- Dilute rice water with cool water in the ratio of 1:2.
- Soak a washcloth in this solution.
- Place this cloth on your clean face and leave it for 15 minutes or more.
- Gently wash your face with the leftover rice water to get soft, smooth skin.
- Finally, rinse your face with plain water.
- Repeat this remedy once daily.
- You can use any variety of rice like white rice, brown rice, jasmine rice, etc.
- Always rinse the rice once with water to remove dirt and other particles.
- Try to use organic rice, even though it is bit more expensive than regular rice as the organic produce does not contain pesticides.
- Do not use undiluted rice water in your hair, as it can result in lumps and may build up in your hair over time.