3. Aromatherapy Bath/Massage
Another easy way in which you can use essential oils is through an aromatherapy bath or massage. Like with other methods, you can use a few drops of a single essential oil or a combination of different essential oils of your choice.
For an aromatherapy bath:
- Mix 3 drops of an essential oil or a combination of essential oils in 1 teaspoon of carrier oil like olive oil, coconut oil or sweet almond oil.
- Add this oil blend in your bath tub filled with water and mix throroughly with your hand.
- Enjoy this relaxing bath for 15 to 20 minutes a few times a week.
You can also create a foot bath by adding 2 drops of an essential oil to a foot tub filled with water. Mix thoroughly, then soak your feet in it for 15 minutes.
For aromatherapy massage:
- Put 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of carrier oil like sweet almond oil into a bowl.
- Mix 10 to 12 drops of the essential oil/oils of your choice in it.
- Massage your forehead, temples, and/or back of the neck with this oil.
- Do this a few times a week.
Note: Do not get this oil into your eyes.
4. Homemade Solid Perfume Method
Solid perfumes can be used to boost your mental power by blending some essential oils in it. You can use a combination of different essential oils or choose just one depending upon your preference.
- Open a container of any commercial solid perfume or homemade solid perfume.
- Put a couple of drops of essential oil on the top of it.
- Close the lid properly.
- Whenever you need it, just dab a small bit of the perfume on your temples.
5. Candle Diffuser Method
Another simple method is the candle diffuser.
Before using this method, you need to buy a candle diffuser. Such products are readily available in the market. You can try any shop that sells essential oils.
- Put water on the top bowl of the candle diffuser and add a few drops of essential oil in it.
- Light a tea light underneath so that the heat evaporates the essential oil into the air around you.
You can also use an electric diffuser.
Note: As essential oils can be inflammable, be careful when using a candle diffuser.