9. Maintain Personal Hygiene
One of the best ways to keep health issues at bay is to maintain personal hygiene. Personal hygiene means regular care of your hair, skin, face, teeth, ears, nails and feet. To enhance your overall health, follow these basic personal hygiene habits:
- Take a bath daily and wash your hair 2 or 3 times a week.
- Before going to bed, remove all makeup and clean your face thoroughly.
- Trim your fingernails and toenails often to keep them in good shape.
- Wash your hands several times a day to prevent spreading bacteria and viruses.
- Keep bedding and undergarments clean.
- Wash your feet every day and dry them thoroughly, especially between the toes.
- Brush your hair daily to keep it clean and healthy.
- Practice good oral hygiene as described earlier.
10. Get Regular Health Screenings
To remain healthy, you must get regular health screenings and tests. This is one of the best ways to detect health issues before they become a big problem.
Some of the most important screenings are an annual physical exam, regular blood pressure and cholesterol tests, dental checkups, colonoscopy, mammogram, and prostate and skin cancer screening. Regular screenings will help detect health issues like hypertension, diabetes, high cholesterol, different types of cancer, oral health issues, etc.
Consult your doctor to find out which screenings and tests you need based on your age, gender, family history and lifestyle.
To sum up, make these healthy habits part of your daily routine and you’ll notice a difference in your physical as well as mental health.