9. Repairs Split Ends
For controlling split ends, deep conditioning is a must. It helps restore moisture and improve the overall health of your hair. Castor oil is a good choice for deep conditioning.
- Apply a few drops of warm castor oil directly onto the ends of your hair.
- Wait 30 minutes, then shampoo your hair as usual.
- Repeat a couple of times a week.
10. Soothes Sunburn
The soothing and anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil are beneficial in treating sunburns. The ricinoleic acid in it will protect any sunburn-induced blisters.
Plus, the omega-3 fatty acids in it help keep the skin hydrated as well as stimulate growth of healthy tissue.
Along with sunburn, castor oil is even effective at treating hyperpigmentation and clears the skin of spots and marks.
- Mix the contents of 1 vitamin E capsule and 5 drops of castor oil in a bowl. Apply it on the affected skin before going to bed. The next morning, rinse it off with cool water. Use this remedy daily until you are satisfied with the result.
- Alternatively, mix castor oil with coconut oil in equal proportions. Apply it to the affected area, massaging gently so that it penetrates into the skin.
Repeat a few times daily for a couple of weeks.
Note: Make sure your face is free of any makeup before using these remedies. Take necessary measures to prevent castor oil from getting into your eyes.