7. Travel Wisely
While visiting dengue-infected areas, take steps to limit your exposure to mosquitoes.
- Stay in a hotel or resort that has air-conditioned facilities. The windows and doors also must have secure, intact screens.
- If your hotel or resort does not have air conditioning, ask the management to provide mosquito netting and plug-in devices.
- Use a good mosquito repellent that can be applied to exposed skin and clothing.
- Wear proper clothing while traveling.
8. Use Basil Leaves to Backent and Treat the Fever
Whenever there is a risk of dengue fever, you can use the herb basil to reduce your risk. Its immune-boosting properties can prevent you from getting ill.
If you have a high fever, consult your doctor to rule out the possibility of a dengue infection. In the meantime, you can try basil leaves to bring down your temperature.
- Simmer a handful of basil leaves in 2 cups of water on low heat for 20 minutes. Strain, allow it to cool slightly and drink it once or twice daily.
- You can even chew tender basil leaves to bring down a high temperature.