5. Exfoliates Skin
Oatmeal works as a natural exfoliating agent for any skin type, thanks to the saponins in it. It can help remove dead skin cells, excess sebum and other impurities.
In fact, oatmeal is a powerful ingredient in many facial scrubs and cleansers.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of ground oatmeal and lemon juice along with 2 teaspoons of plain yogurt.
- Apply the mixture on your face and neck area.
- Allow it to dry, then gently rub off the mask.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water, pat dry and apply some moisturizer.
- Use this scrub once a week.
6. Treats Dry Skin
You can enjoy a soothing oatmeal bath to keep your skin hydrated. It can even soften your skin and promote younger-looking skin. Its moisturizing property also helps fight skin problems like psoriasis.
- Pour a cup of plain oatmeal into your bath filled with warm water.
- Add a few drops of lavender essential oil.
- Soak in it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse your body with lukewarm water, pat dry and generously apply a good moisturizer.
- Enjoy this relaxing bath 1 or 2 times a week.
7. Heals Cracked Heels
Oatmeal is one of the best treatments for cracked and dry heels, thanks to its humectant property. In addition, its exfoliating property helps remove dead and skin cells from your feet.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of powdered oatmeal with some honey and jojoba oil to make a thick paste.
- Apply it on your feet, with special attention to the cracked parts.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water and pat dry.
- Use this remedy every other day until your feet are soft and smooth.
8. Works as Dry Shampoo
If you have oily hair and do not have time to wash your hair, oatmeal works as great dry shampoo. Finely ground oats help soak up oil from your hair, leaving it clean and smelling fresh.
- Grind 1 cup of oatmeal into a fine powder.
- Mix in ½ cup of baking soda.
- Put this mixture in an old talcum powder bottle.
- Sprinkle it into your greasy hair and then brush your hair thoroughly.
- Keep the remaining mixture in an airtight container to use as needed.