9. Benefits Garden Crops
Colloidal silver is effective at killing plant fungi and other infections that can destroy your beautiful flowers and crops.
It is very beneficial against white rot, a lethal disease affecting green onions caused by Sclerotium cepivorum.
A 2010 study published in Mycobiology found that applying silver nanoparticles to the roots of green onion plants completely eliminated certain types of fungal infections that tend to destroy the plants.
- Dilute colloidal silver with distilled water in a ratio of 1:5.
- Transfer the solution to a spray bottle.
- Spray it on the leaves or roots of any affected plants.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times a week or as needed.
10. Keeps Fruits and Vegetables Pesticide-Free
Fruits and vegetables are an important part of any meal. But getting organic products every time is not possible.
However, this does not mean you need to eat produce laden with chemicals. You can use colloidal silver to make a homemade fruit and vegetable wash to clean off any chemical residue.
- Mix 1 cup of water and ½ cup of white vinegar.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Finally, stir in ¼ cup of colloidal silver.
- Pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray it on your fresh produce and let it sit for 5 minutes before rinsing it off.