7. Castor Oil
Castor oil can miraculously soften and moisturize your feet. Rich in nutrients and vitamins, castor oil easily penetrates deep into the skin. Thus, when applied to the feet, it helps restore the moisture and adds softness to the skin.
- Simply apply a thick layer of castor oil on your feet and cracked heels, put on socks and leave it on overnight. The next morning, rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this daily.
- Alternatively, mix equal parts of castor oil and coconut oil and massage it into the dry skin on your feet. Wait 20 to 30 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Repeat daily before taking a shower.
8. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect skin cells from harmful free radicals produced by the body and other environmental sources.
This vitamin helps repair the skin and can do wonders in treating and preventing cracked feet.
- You can rub pure vitamin E oil on your feet daily before going to bed.
- Include foods rich in vitamin E in your diet. You can find this vitamin in foods like green vegetables, nuts, fortified cereals and whole-grain products. The recommended dietary allowance for vitamin E is 15 mg daily.
- You can also use topical creams and ointments containing vitamin E on your feet to prevent cracks from developing.