9. Repels and Kills Insects and Mosquitoes
Camphor essential oil works as a natural insecticide and repellent. Due to its strong smell and other properties, it can be used to kill or repel mosquitoes and other insects.
- Pour ½ cup of hot water into a clean spray bottle. Add 20 drops of camphor essential oil to it. Shake the bottle well to mix the ingredients. Spray this solution around places where you notice insects or mosquitoes.
- Put a few drops of camphor oil in a diffuser and place it in a room where mosquitoes are present.
10. Treats Restless Legs Syndrome
Those who suffer from restless legs syndrome are familiar with the unpleasant sensations like throbbing, pulling and an uncontrollable urge to move your legs, especially when you’re trying to sleep.
To reduce the discomforts and enjoy sound sleep, try camphor. Its therapeutic and antispasmodic properties help relieve inflammation and reduce restless legs symptoms.
- Put a little camphor oil in warm olive oil. Massage it all over your legs for 5 to 10 minutes. Do this daily before going to bed.
- You can also use camphor cream in the same way.
- Always mix camphor oil with some carrier oil before applying it on the skin. It is very strong and can cause irritation when applied directly on the skin.
- The ideal dosage for taking camphor orally is between 125 and 375 mg a day. Consult your doctor for the dosage appropriate for you.