To quench your thirst without boring plain water, strawberry-infused water is another good option. The mild sweetness and nice taste of strawberries will turn water into a magical delight. Also, it smells as good as it tastes.
Strawberries are a perfect treat for staying hydrated as they contain 92 percent water. They even contain all kinds of vitamins that promote good eyesight, making it a perfect drink for those who live in front of a computer screen.
Plus, strawberries contain powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, which prevent inflammation, fight aging, and help you maintain gorgeous and radiant skin.
- Put slightly crushed ripe strawberries in a mason jar.
- Lightly crush some sage leaves in your hand and place them in the jar.
- Add some ice cubes directly into the jar.
- Top the ice cubes with filtered water.
- Put the lid on the jar and place it in the refrigerator for at least 2 to 3 hours.
- Enjoy the strawberry-infused water whenever you please.
Not only is this infused water delicious, but it also becomes slightly pink, which makes it even beautiful to look at.
To add flavor to plain water, you can also use a spice such as cinnamon. This spice has a nice fragrance and a sweet, warm taste, which brings a nice earthy and sophisticated flavor to water.
Cinnamon is a rich source of powerful antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-clotting properties, thus offering immense health benefits. It also has minerals like calcium, manganese, iron and dietary fiber.
One of the healthiest spices on the planet, cinnamon can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk, aid weight loss, prevent cancer, boost brain power and provide a plethora of other impressive health benefits.
Cinnamon-infused water is an unusually refreshing beverage that is very easy to make at home.
- Simply drop a cinnamon stick in a pitcher of water and put it in the refrigerator to chill overnight. The water will have a subtle flavor, as well as a nice blush color.
- Another option is to simmer cinnamon sticks in a pot of water for 10 minutes. Use 1 cinnamon stick per 1 cup of water. Let the solution cool, then keep it in the refrigerator. Add this concentrated solution to cold water as needed.