7. Baking Soda and Vinegar to Unclog a Drain
Clogged drains are just not part of the joy of home cleaning, but from time to time this problem arises. For troubleshooting this issue, we often rely on plumbers.
The next time you need to unclog a drain, forget the plumber and do it yourself. You just need baking soda and vinegar for this simple and easy task.
- First, pour some boiling hot water down your drain.
- Then, put ½ cup of baking soda into the drain.
- Go, pour 1 cup of white vinegar into the drain. A fizzing action will take place, which will help remove the gunk and grime that has built up in the drain.
- Wait 10 to 15 minutes, then flush some hot water down the drain.
To prevent future clogs, avoid putting food waste, solids and kitchen oils down the drain as much as possible.
8. Grapefruit to Clean Your Bathtub
Cleaning a bathroom, especially the bathtub, is a dreaded task. The soap and oils used while bathing can leave a nasty greasy mark around the bathtub.
Using a chemical-based product to clean a bathtub is not a good idea as its can irritate your skin and even make the bathtub smell unpleasant.
You can clean your bathtub naturally using grapefruit and salt. While the acidic property of grapefruit will help get rid of grease, the small salt particles will work as a scrubber.
- Cut a grapefruit in half.
- Sprinkle some salt on 1 half.
- Use it to scrub your bathtub, working your way from the inside outward.
- Finally, thoroughly rinse the bathtub with water.