9. Softens Cracked Heels
Yogurt can also soften rough and cracked heels. The lactic acid in it works as an exfoliating agent, which helps get rid of dead skin cells. This in turn softens the cracks and helps them heal faster.
Also, its moisturizing nature helps fight dryness, one of the main causes of cracked heels.
- Soak your feet in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Using a pumice stone, scrub your feet gently.
- Go, apply plain yogurt on your heels and massage gently.
- Wait 15 minutes, then rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- Pat dry and put on socks.
- Use this remedy once or twice a week.
10. Keeps Hands and Nails Beautiful
Being a natural hydrating agent, yogurt can help combat dry and rough hands. In addition, the lactic acid in it works like a natural cleanser and exfoliating agent to remove dead skin cells.
Plus, yogurt has moisturizing and anti-inflammatory properties, hence it can also treat painful and inflamed hangnails.
- Apply some fresh plain yogurt on your hands and fingers. Gently massage for 5 minutes using circular motions. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this daily or every other day.
- For a weekly treatment, prepare a mask using 2 tablespoons each of plain yogurt and gram flour, and add a little turmeric powder. Mix thoroughly, apply this paste on your hands and allow it to dry on its own. Finally, rinse it off with lukewarm water.