7. Fights Acne
Yogurt contains natural antibacterial and antifungal properties that can help fight acne. It also has a mild astringent property, which helps tighten skin tissues and prevents acne breakouts.
Plus, the zinc in yogurt has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce swelling and inflammation caused by acne.
- Dip a cotton ball in plain, unsweetened yogurt and apply it on the affected areas. Leave it overnight and wash your face with cool water the next morning. Use this remedy daily before going to bed.
- Alternatively, make a paste with 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Massage this paste gently onto acne-prone areas. Allow it to sit there for 15 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water. Use it once or twice a day.
8. Reduces Wrinkles and Fine Lines
Lactic acid, one of the key ingredients in yogurt, helps prevent wrinkles and reduce the appearance of existing wrinkles.
The lactic acid also helps remove dead skin cells and tighten pores.
Yogurt even helps fight off free radicals that can otherwise strip oxygen molecules off of skin cells, thereby damaging them.
- For a daily treatment, mix together 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil and 3 to 4 tablespoons of yogurt. Apply the mixture on your face for about 30 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Another option is to mash a banana and mix in ¼ cup yogurt and 1 teaspoon honey. Apply this face pack generously on your skin and leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it off. Use this face mask 2 or 3 times a week.