7. Stinging Nettle
Stinging nettle can also help cleanse your kidneys. Due to its diuretic properties, it increases urine production, helps remove metabolic waste and promotes renal excretion.
At the same time, this herb helps keep crystals from forming into stones and keeps bacteria away to reduce the risk of kidney infections.
- Steep 2 teaspoons of fresh or dried stinging nettle in a cup of hot water.
- Allow it to steep for about 10 minutes.
- Strain and add a little honey.
- Drink this herbal tea twice daily for a couple of weeks.
Note: As this herb can interfere with blood-thinning, high blood pressure, diuretic and diabetic medications, always consult your doctor before including it in your diet.
Horsetail is a common herb with diuretic properties. It increases urine output to flush harmful toxins and materials out of the body. In addition, its antioxidant properties offer many benefits to the kidneys and renal system.
- To make horsetail tea, add 1 to 3 teaspoons of fresh or dried horsetail to a cup of boiling water. Cover, steep for 5 to 10 minutes and strain the herb before drinking the tea. You can drink 2 to 3 cups of this tea daily for a week to cleanse your kidneys.
- You can also take horsetail supplements to promote flow of urine. Consult your doctor before taking supplements.