7. Fights the Flu and Colds
Fenugreek has antioxidant properties that help fight flu and cold symptoms. It also has strong antiviral, antibacterial and various other medicinal properties that help kill the microorganisms responsible for making you sick.
The mucilage in fenugreek also helps ease cough and pain from a sore throat. It even helps reduce a fever.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of fenugreek powder, lemon juice and raw honey. Consume it twice daily to fight cold and flu symptoms.
- To speed up the recovery time, drink fenugreek tea 2 or 3 times a day.
- To get rid of a sore throat, gargle with warm fenugreek tea twice daily.
8. Reduces Menstrual Discomforts
Fenugreek contains compounds that have estrogen-like properties, which help reduce menstrual-related discomforts. These compounds even ease menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, depression, and mood fluctuations.
Plus, the high iron content in fenugreek aids new red blood cell production to make up for the loss of blood.
- Drink warm fenugreek tea twice daily to reduce menstrual discomforts.
- You can also use fenugreek leaves in your cooking, especially in soups or salads.