7. Fight Toenail Fungus
Instead of discarding used tea bags, you can use them to treat toenail fungus. The tannins in tea help kill the fungi responsible for fungal infections, while its antibiotic and astringent properties relieve symptoms like burning sensations, swelling and skin irritation.
- Chill some used tea bags in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Put the cold tea bags on the affected toenails for 15 minutes.
- Use this remedy 2 or 3 times daily until the infection clears up completely.
8. Exfoliate Your Skin
The slight rough texture of the contents of used tea bags is great for exfoliating your skin. This helps get rid of dead skin cells, dirt and other impurities.
Plus, its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties help soothe your skin and give your skin an incredible glow.
- Transfer the contents of 1 or 2 used green tea bags into a bowl.
- Add a little olive oil and honey to make a paste.
- Apply it on your face and neck and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Gently rub off the paste using circular motions.
- Rinse off your skin with warm water.
- Use this facial scrub once or twice a week.