7. Aids Psoriasis Treatment
Turmeric is also beneficial for treating psoriasis. The compound curcumin in it has a natural anti-inflammatory action, which can help treat psoriasis symptoms like itchiness, redness, pain, and inflammation.
Curcumin also has the ability to alter gene expression, which in turn helps in fighting this skin condition.
According to a 2015 study published in the Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, turmeric may be considered as an alternative topical treatment for psoriasis. It may also be helpful when used alongside traditional treatment methods .
Another study published in Protoplasma in 2016 reports that medicinal plants such as turmeric may help treat and prevent plaque psoriasis. Turmeric extracts may also lessen high levels of cytokines, which stimulate cell inflammation .
- Make a thick paste by adding sufficient water to 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Apply it on the affected area, cover it with a gauze and leave it on overnight. The next morning, remove the gauze and rinse your skin with lukewarm water. Do this daily.
- Alternatively, mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of almond milk. Sweeten it with honey. Drink it twice daily for at least a few weeks.
8. Brightens Skin Complexion
Turmeric contains antioxidant components that help provide a natural glow and luster to the skin. In fact, it helps improve your skin tone by bringing out its natural glow.
It also helps fade dark spots by inhibiting skin pigmentation.
- Put a ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon each of honey and milk in a bowl.
- Mix thoroughly to form a smooth paste.
- Apply it on your face and neck area.
- Leave it on for 25 minutes, then wash it off.
- Repeat 3 or 4 times a week.