7. Strengthens the Immune System
Rosemary provides you with a powerful defense against different diseases and pathogens that may adversely affect your immune system.
It contains phytochemicals like rosmarinic acid, betulic acid, carnosol and caffeic acid with antioxidant, anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties. These compounds play an important role in neutralizing free radicals, which can cause oxidative stress and cellular damage.
Drink 1 to 2 cups of rosemary tea daily to keep yourself healthy and free from the common cold, coughs and other health problems.
8. Treats Respiratory Problems
You can also use this aromatic herb to treat respiratory infections like cold and flu, sinus infection, and bronchial asthma due to its soothing, antibacterial, and antispasmodic properties. It also helps relieve bad breath.
- Mix a few drops of rosemary oil in 2 tablespoons of olive oil or any carrier oil. Massage your chest with this oil a few times a day.
- Put 2 or 3 drops of rosemary oil on a tissue and inhale the aroma to get relief from respiratory issues.
- Another option is to add a few drops of rosemary oil in a bowl of hot water and take in the steam 2 or 3 times a day.