7. Egg Whites for Oily Skin
Oily skin does not age faster, but it is the most difficult skin type to care for. As the body produces more oil than necessary, it gives a shiny look to the skin.
Plus, oily skin is prone to acne breakouts and blackheads. This problem most often affects women with fluctuating hormones.
To turn a greasy, shiny complexion into a fresh-faced glow, you need to cleanse your face a few times daily with a gentle cleanser. There are also some easy remedies to try.
- An egg white is one of the most effective and inexpensive remedies for oily skin. It helps absorb excess oil and also tones up oily skin. Whip 1 egg white and apply it on your skin. Allow it to dry, then wash it off with warm water. Follow this remedy twice a week. Optionally, you can mix the juice of half a lemon in the whipped egg white before applying it to your face.
- Another simple remedy is to rub half a tomato on your skin. Wait 15 minutes for the tomato juice to do its work, then rinse it off with cold water. Use this remedy 2 or 3 times a week. The natural oil-absorbing acids in tomatoes help absorb the excess oil.
8. Coconut Oil for Extremely Dry Skin
Dry skin is an uncomfortable condition. Lack of adequate moisture in the skin causes itching, dry skin patches, scaling and cracking. As scratching may be hard to resist, it makes the skin condition even worse.
Living in extreme weather conditions; spending long hours indoors with central heatin; taking long, hot showers or baths; swimming in chlorinated pools; using harsh soaps and detergents; and regular sun exposure are some of the causes of dry skin.
To soothe dry skin, proper moisturization is a must. For this, there is no need to invest in expensive moisturizing creams and lotions. There are many natural hydrating products in your kitchen that can give effective results.
- Applying some extra-virgin coconut oil on your skin daily after taking a bath is highly beneficial for extremely dry skin. Apply the oil especially after a bath when your skin is somewhat damp helps lock in the moisture.
- Another good natural moisturizer for dry skin is honey. It helps lock in moisture to reduce dryness and keep the skin soft and supple. Before taking a shower, rub honey all over your body, wait 10 minutes and then take your shower. Repeat once daily.