9. Promotes Hair Growth
Mustard has many vitamins that promote strong and healthy hair growth. In particular, the presence of beta-carotene, protein, iron and calcium help a lot in keeping your hair healthy.
When used as a hair oil, it stimulates hair growth by increasing blood circulation in the scalp.
- Warm up some mustard oil. (The quantity depends on the length of your hair.)
- Apply the oil from the roots all the way to the tips of your hair.
- Gently massage the oil into the scalp for at least 15 minutes.
- Wear a shower cap and leave it on for a couple of hours.
- Wash the oil out thoroughly with your regular shampoo.
- Repeat twice a week for best results.
10. Stops Bed-Wetting
Bed-wetting is a very embarrassing problem that you can treat with yellow mustard. It can also be of great help if you’re suffering from a urinary tract infection.
- Dry roast yellow mustard seeds and grind them into powder form.
- Add ½ teaspoon of this dry powder to a cup of warm milk.
- Give this drink to your child at night, 1 hour before going to bed.
- Repeat daily until the bed-wetting problem is resolved.
- Yellow mustard sauce is high in sodium, so eat it in moderation.
- Avoid yellow mustard sauce if you suffer from any kind of heart disease.
- Do not eat this spicy sauce in excess, as it may cause digestive problems.
- Being a warm food, mustard may increase the body temperature, which is another reason to consume it in moderation.
- You can make mustard sauce at home and flavor it with spices, such as pepper, garlic or paprika, along with a dash of salt.
- Do not confuse mustard oil and mustard essential oil.
- Avoid mustard oil that is contaminated with argemone oil, as it can be dangerous to your health.