Lavender is also one of the very effective natural muscle relaxants. It has pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce pain, swelling and inflammation.
The soothing scent of lavender also induces a calm, relaxed state for sleeping, which in turn supports healing.
This herb can be used to treat tension headaches, sore muscles, leg pain, neck pain, arthritis pain and even joint pain.
- Blend a few drops of lavender essential oil with either warm coconut or olive oil.
- Use it to massage the affected area using circular movements.
- Then, take a hot bath with several drops of lavender oil to relax your sore and painful muscles.
- Repeat once daily.
10. Passion Flower
Due to its antispasmodic and sedative effects, passion flower also works as a natural solution for muscle pain. It also helps with premenstrual cramps and tension headaches. There are certain chemicals in this herb that relieve muscle spasms and joint soreness.
It can even help fight stress, anxiety and irritability that often contribute to pain.
- Steep 1 teaspoon of dried passion flower in 1 cup of hot water for 10 minutes. Drink this tea once daily.
- Alternatively, you can take 45 drops of passion flower liquid extract orally each day.
Note: The herb is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women.