7. Repairs Cracked Heels
Split, rough heels need moisture to heal and olive oil is rich in moisturizing properties. For best results, use olive oil before going to bed to allow ample time for the oil to fully penetrate into your skin.
- Soak your feet in soapy water for 10 minutes.
- Scrub your feet gently with a pumice stone.
- Rinse your feet with water and dry them thoroughly.
- Apply a generous amount of olive oil on your heels and soles.
- Massage for 5 minutes.
- Put on a pair of clean socks and go to bed.
- Repeat this daily for a few days until the cracks in your heels are gone completely.
8. Works as a Natural Makeup Remover
If you have a bottle of olive oil in your home, there is no need to buy commercial makeup remover. Extra-virgin olive oil works as an effective natural makeup remover.
The oil helps grab onto other oil-based products that you have applied on your face, thus making it a great ingredient to remove stubborn makeup. It can remove even the toughest waterproof makeup.
Plus, it helps keep your skin well-moisturized.
- If you only have on light makeup, put a little olive oil on a cotton ball. Use it to remove the makeup from your face. Then, wash your face.
- For heavy makeup, apply a few drops of extra-virgin olive oil over your face. Massage it around your face and leave it on for some time. Follow up by wiping your face thoroughly with a washcloth soaked with lukewarm water. All your makeup will be gone.