9. Heals Minor Wounds
Both honey and cinnamon have healing properties that make them useful for treating skin problems, especially minor wounds and abrasions.
Plus, they have the ability to fight bacteria and decrease inflammation, which are important when it comes to healing the skin.
- Simply mix a little cinnamon powder in 2 or 3 teaspoons of raw honey
- Apply this paste on the affected area.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Do this once or twice daily, as needed.
Note: If cinnamon burns your skin then do not use this remedy. Preferably, do a patch test on your skin before applying to your wound.
10. Fights Digestive Problems
Whether you suffer from gas or indigestion, the combo of honey and cinnamon can help fight the problem.
Honey aids in cleansing the colon by eliminating the toxins. It helps promote good bacteria in the colon, resulting in better digestion. This in turn helps prevent and treat symptoms of bloating, gas and acid reflux.
Cinnamon also helps increase the health and functionality of the digestive system. It is particularly beneficial in managing digestive issues like heartburn and stomach cramps. Cinnamon also prevents further formation of gas.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder on 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Take this mixture before your meals to prevent digestive problems.