7. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is made from magnesium sulfate, a naturally occurring mineral that helps reduce swelling and pain.
Inflammation causes a depletion of magnesium, so when the affected part of the body is soaked in Epsom salt, the body absorbs the magnesium and combats the inflammation.
- Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt in a big bowl of hot water.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Dip the affected fingers in it for 10 to 15 minutes. Or, you can soak a small towel in it
- Repeat once or twice daily for a few days.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar also provides relief from the discomforts of swollen fingers. Its high potassium content helps reduce fluid retention, a common cause of swelling.
In fact, one of the serious symptoms of potassium deficiency is edema.
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar helps maintain the right pH balance in the body and also helps prevent high uric acid levels in the body.
- Soak a small towel in a mixture of equal amounts of warm water and raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Wring out the excess water and wrap the affected finger with this towel for 10 minutes. Repeat this process a few times a day.
- Also, add 2 tablespoons of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. Add some raw honey and drink it twice daily.