7. Jojoba Oil
To maintain scalp health, jojoba oil is very effective. It helps restore essential oils in your scalp and keeps it well moisturized, which is essential for fighting dry scalp and sores.
It also keeps the scalp clear of fungi and bad bacteria, due to its antifungal compounds.
- Put a small amount of jojoba oil on your scalp.
- Massage it around your scalp for 5 minutes using circular motions.
- Leave it on for a couple of hours or overnight.
- The next morning, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat once or twice a week.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is another excellent remedy for scalp sores if the problem is due to a dry scalp. It has moisturizing properties that help keep the scalp hydrated.
Its antibacterial and antifungal nature also help keep the scalp free from harmful microbes.
Plus, it helps rebalance your scalp’s pH level, in turn preventing many scalp problems.
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf and remove the gel.
- Spread the fresh gel onto the sores on your scalp.
- Leave it on your scalp for at least 1 hour.
- Finally, wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Do this 2 or 3 times a week.