7. Apple Cider Vinegar
It helps improve the pH of the skin, which in turn relieves dry and flaky skin. Also, the acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar helps ease itching and inflammation.
- Add 1 teaspoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to 1 cup of water.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the solution on the peeling skin.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then rinse it off using cool water.
- Pat dry your skin and apply a light moisturizer.
- Do it once or twice a day.
Caution: Do not use apple cider vinegar remedies if you have skin abrasions.
Ripe banana is good for peeling skin. This healthy fruit is loaded with antioxidants, which are beneficial for treating different skin problems, including peeling skin. It also helps eliminate dead skin cells as well as exfoliate dry skin.
- Mash 1 ripe banana and apply it on the skin. Allow it to sit on your skin for at least 20 minutes, then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do it once daily until your skin looks healthy again.
- Alternatively, mix ½ of a ripe banana with some yogurt. Apply the mixture to the affected skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Use this remedy once daily until your condition improves.