7. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gel is a soothing remedy for burning tongue syndrome. It also protects the sensitive tissues in the mouth and helps treat dry mouth, a possible cause of burning tongue.
- Thoroughly wash an aloe vera leaf and slit it open. Scoop out the succulent gel. Apply it on your tongue. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse your mouth with cool water. Repeat 2 or 3 times a day.
- Another option is to rinse your mouth with aloe vera juice a few times a day.
Mint also helps reduce burning sensations in your mouth. This cooling herb has antibacterial property inhibits the growth of bacteria in the mouth, which prevents infection-related problems.
- Add a handful of freshly crushed mint leaves to a jug of hot water. Cover and allow it to steep for 1 hour, then strain it. Drink a glass of this mint-infused water 3 times a day.
- Chill a cup of strong mint tea in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Drink this cool tea a few times daily.
- You can even chew a few fresh mint leaves or mint gum daily.