7. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera can be used to help heal a belly button infection. It has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that can ease pain and promote quick healing.
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf and extract the gel.
- Apply this gel on the belly button and allow it to dry on its own.
- Clean the area with a wet tissue and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Repeat several times a day until the infection is gone.
Turmeric can also be used to keep belly button infections at bay. It is a natural antiseptic and antibiotic agent that can heal as well as prevent infection.
- Prepare a paste with a little turmeric powder and water. Apply this paste on the affected area and leave it on until it dries. Wipe it off with a tissue and keep the area dry. Do this 2 or 3 times a day to reduce pain and prevent the infection from spreading.
- You can also mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and a little honey in a glass of hot milk. Drink it daily before going to bed to promote internal healing.