9. Dietary Changes
A healthy diet is a key factor in losing weight and maintaining a healthy and toned body, including your thighs and hips. To keep a check on your diet, here are some guidelines:
- Eat low-calorie foods. Restrict your daily intake of calories between 1,200 and 1,500 calories. If you are a man, restrict your calorie intake between 1,500 and 1,800 calories.
- Follow a low-carbohydrate diet as excess carbohydrates contribute to weight gain.
- Avoid high sugar intake by eliminating sodas, energy drinks and juices that have high sugar content. To sweeten your tea or any other dish, opt for natural sweeteners like honey.
- Drink a few cups of green tea daily, as it has antioxidants that aid weight loss.
10. Drink Enough Water
It is important to drink adequate amount of water throughout the day because your liver needs water to convert fat into energy and keep your metabolism high. Plus, it helps maintain optimal physical performance and aid your body in getting rid of harmful toxins.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of filtered water daily. In fact, start your day with a glass of water. To enhance the taste of plain water, add a little lemon juice or honey.
- Also, eat foods with higher water content like melons, cucumbers and leafy green vegetables. At the same time, stay away from excessive alcohol and coffee that can dehydrate the body.
- Get a good night’s sleep every night to achieve your goals.
- Do not skip breakfast. Eat a healthy breakfast before leaving home each day.
- Never starve yourself to lose weight.
- Dry brushing on a regular basis helps decrease fat deposits and tone up problem areas.
- Drink 1 to 2 glasses of fresh grapefruit juice to help you burn more fat.