9. Use a Fuller’s Earth Body Pack
Fuller’s earth, also known as multani mitti, can be used as a body pack to tighten the skin around your abdomen.
Fuller’s earth stimulates blood circulation and improves skin elasticity.
- Put 2 to 3 tablespoons of Fuller’s earth powder in a bowl.
- Add enough water (or rose water) to make a smooth paste.
- Optionally, you can add a little honey to the paste.
- Apply this paste on the abdomen and allow it to dry.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Use this pack 1 or 2 times a week.
10. Do Strength Training
Once your body recovers from delivery and your doctor clears you to start exercising, try strength training.
Strength training helps improve your overall muscle tone and will give you more lean muscle. More muscles means your body will burn more calories. It also improves your body composition (the percentage of lean muscle to body fat).
A lean and toned body means your skin will look firm and tight.
Always consult your doctor about any weight limitations before beginning a strength-training routine.
- Eat foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids to help increase skin elasticity.
- Eat healthy snacks, including dried or fresh fruit, low-fat yogurt, vegetable sticks and nuts. Stay away from junk food snacks.
- Avoid crash diets that can have a negative impact on your health.
- Wear sunscreen when you go outside.
- Avoid skin care products that contain sulfates, as it can dry out and irritate your skin.
- Avoid tanning beds. They do not help tighten loose skin, and they increase your risk of skin cancer.
- For the time being until you can lose weight, consider body shaping and support undergarments to give extra support to your abdomen and loose skin.