Turmeric is another effective remedy to stop wheezing quickly.
Due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric helps clear the blockage in the nasal passages and also soothes irritation and inflammation.
You can use any of the following remedies twice daily.
- Heat a glass of water and add ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder to it. Allow it to boil. Drink this once or twice daily.
- Thoroughly mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 2 teaspoons of organic honey and consume it.
- Mix ¼ teaspoon each of turmeric powder, grated ginger and black pepper powder in 1 cup of water. Bring this to a boil and allow it to cool. Strain and then drink it.
10. House Free of Irritants
To prevent frequent episodes of wheezing as well as asthma, it is very important to keep your house and the surrounding area clean.
This will help remove irritants from the air you breathe that can otherwise trigger wheezing.
- Dust, sweep and vacuum your home regularly.
- If you have a pet, vacuum more frequently to control pet dander and fur in your house.
- Wear a mask and gloves when cleaning or vacuuming to limit dust and chemical exposure.
- Clean or change the filters in your heating and cooling system as needed.
- Use an air purifier in the rooms where you spend the most time.
- Use a humidifier in your bedroom.
- Don’t smoke and avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Wash all bedding and stuffed animals frequently in hot water.
- Rest is one of the best treatments for acute wheezing.
- If wheezing is related to an allergic reaction, try to avoid the allergen causing the reaction.
- Avoid exposure to strong perfumes, paint and strong-smelling chemicals.
- Avoid industrial areas with heavily polluted air.
- Cover your neck and mouth with a scarf when going out in cold weather.
- Avoid eating or drinking ice cream, cold drinks and any other cold items.
- You can also take fish oil supplements, after consulting your doctor.
- Eat something spicy to help open up blocked airways.