The enzyme papain in papayas helps get rid of skin darkness. This enzyme offers a natural bleaching property that helps even out the skin tone. It also accelerates shedding of dead skin cells that cause the bikini area to appear darkened.
Plus, the high vitamin C content in papayas protects skin cells against sun damage.
Use either of these remedies daily or every other day.
- Rub ¼ cup of ripe papaya pulp on the dark area of your bikini line for 5 minutes. Allow the papaya juice to work its magic for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water.
- Blend ¼ cup of green papaya and ½ teaspoon each of vitamin E oil, honey and plain yogurt into a paste. Gently massage the paste onto your skin. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water.
Sandalwood is another very effective solution for lightening the skin of your bikini area. It can enhance skin complexion as well as treat hyperpigmentation. It can give your skin a natural, even tone.
- Squeeze the juice from ½ of a lemon into 3 to 4 teaspoons of sandalwood powder.
- Mix thoroughly to make a smooth paste.
- Add a little rose water if the paste is too thick.
- Apply it on the affected skin before going to bed and leave it on overnight.
- Wash it off in the morning with cool water.
- Repeat daily until your skin looks lighter.
- Exfoliate around the delicate pubic area once a week to get rid of dead skin cells and prevent skin irritation.
- When wearing a bikini or shorts, apply a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 to prevent the exposed skin from darkening.
- Wear breathable, cotton underwear that is loose and comfortable.
- Do not shave the pubic area or use hair-removal lotions, which can damage the delicate skin. Waxing is a better option for hair removal in this area, and it will not cause any skin discoloration.
- Use only mild soap to clean the delicate skin of the pubic area.
- Eat a healthy diet that includes a variety of fruits and vegetables, whole-grain cereals and lean meat for overall healthy skin.
- Drink an ample amount of water to flush out toxins and keep your skin smooth and properly hydrated.
- Aloe vera: A Potential Herb and its Medicinal Importance. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. http://www.jocpr.com/articles/aloe-vera–a-potential-herb-and-its-medicinal-importance.