7. Corn Silk
Corn silk is diuretic in nature and can help stimulate urine production for the removal of waste and water from the kidneys.
It also helps prevent kidney stones and is useful for other urinary problems. In addition, it reduces water retention in the body and may be beneficial in treating high blood pressure.
- Remove the brown, dry silk from the top of the ear of corn.
- Wash and allow it to dry.
- Put 2 teaspoons of dried corn silk in a cup.
- Pour boiling water over it.
- Cover and allow it to steep for 10 to 15 minutes, then strain it.
- Drink this tea 2 or 3 times a day.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has a diuretic effect on the body, meaning it flushes out accumulated water and causes you to urinate more often. It also can be used to reduce water retention.
- Add 1 tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a cup of lukewarm water.
- Add a little honey and mix well.
- Drink it twice daily.
Note: If you have an overactive bladder, avoid apple cider vinegar.