Being a natural antidote, celery also helps in the treatment of alcoholism. It helps clear toxins from the body and improves overall health. It also helps minimize the desire for sugar because it has no alcohol.
- Mix ½ glass of celery juice with ½ glass of water.
- Drink it twice daily for a few months.
Dates help with detoxifying and clearing out toxins from the liver due to long-term alcohol consumption. Moreover, dates help reduce cravings and replace lost nutrients.
- Soak 4 or 5 dates in 1 cup of water for 1 hour.
- Mash the soaked dates in the water and remove the seeds.
- Drink this brew twice daily.
- Repeat this remedy for 1 to 2 months.
- Make it clear to your friends and family that you want to quit drinking.
- Avoid socializing with friends and family who drink a lot.
- Get 6 to 8 hours of sound sleep daily.
- Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration and help your body recover.
- Spend time doing things that help distract your mind from drinking.
- Spend more time with your family, especially children, to keep yourself motivated.
- Listen to music. It can relieve stress and calm you.
- Enjoy massage as it helps in the removal of toxins and waste products from the body.
- Get a pet or find some other passion that greatly interests you.
- Avoid smoking as it increases cravings for alcohol.