You can always rely on lemon to relieve a hoarse voice quickly. It helps keep the throat moisturized and relieves soreness and inflammation. In addition, the vitamin C in lemon helps combat the spread of infection.
- Mix 1 tablespoon each of honey and lemon juice in a cup of lukewarm water. Sip the mixture slowly, a few times daily.
- Another option is to dilute the juice of 1 lemon in ½ cup of warm water. Use it to gargle at least twice daily. You can also add a little salt to this solution.
- You can also sprinkle a little salt and pepper on a piece of lemon and lick it slowly.
Garlic is another common kitchen ingredient that can help treat hoarseness. It prevents inflammation, reduces pain and promotes quick healing.
- Cut 1 clove of garlic in half. Put one half on each side of your mouth and bite down gently. Suck on the juice to reduce irritation and promote healing.
- Also, add a few drops of garlic oil to ¼ cup of warm water. Gargle with this solution twice daily.