7. Oregano Oil
To get rid of tooth sensitivity, oregano oil is very effective due to its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties.
- Put 2 or 3 drops of oregano oil on your clean finger and apply it gently on the affected tooth. Allow it to sit for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing your mouth with lukewarm water. Repeat twice daily for a few days.
- Alternatively, mix 4 or 5 drops of oregano oil in ¼ cup of lukewarm water. Use this solution as a mouthwash, 2 or 3 times daily for a few days.
8. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide can help fight toothaches. Its antibacterial property kills germs responsible for toothaches and other oral problems. As a bonus, it also will help whiten your teeth.
For oral health, use food-grade, 3 percent hydrogen peroxide solution only.
- Mix equal amounts of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide and water.
- Use this homemade solution as a mouthwash.
- Do this 2 or 3 times a week only.
Note: Make sure to spit out the solution completely.