7. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a great moisturizer for dry skin. Soaking your fingers in warm olive oil will deeply moisturize and nourish your skin. Being rich in vitamin E, it will also promote skin healing.
- Slightly heat one-half cup of extra-virgin olive oil in a microwave or double boiler.
- Pour the warm oil in a bowl and add three drops of lavender essential oil.
- Soak your dry fingertips in the warm oil for 10 minutes.
- Gently rinse your hands with lukewarm water, pat dry and then apply some moisturizer.
Honey has healing and moisturizing properties that can help soothe and protect peeling fingertips. Being a natural antibacterial, it will also prevent infection.
- Rub a small amount of pure honey on the affected skin. Leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Another option is to prepare a mixture of honey and olive oil and apply it on to the skin daily in order to keep it soft and supple.
- You can also make a mixture of two tablespoons of sandalwood powder, two or three teaspoons of rosewater and some honey and apply it on the affected area. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water and a mild soap.