Garlic is a great ingredient for treating jock itch due to its antifungal properties. It can also relieve itching and pain.
- Crush a few garlic cloves and apply the paste on the affected skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off. Do this two or three times daily. If you have a sensitive skin then do not use this remedy.
- Another option is to fry a few garlic cloves in olive oil, cool and strain the oil, and then apply it on the infected area. Leave it on for a few hours before washing it off. Repeat two or three times daily.
- You can also eat raw garlic to strengthen your immune system and promote healing. If you wish you can take a garlic supplement daily.
The antiseptic, antifungal and soothing properties of honey can be of great help in getting rid of jock itch. Manuka honey, in particular, is excellent for fungal infections causing jock itch, nail fungus or ringworm.
- Apply pure honey, preferably manuka honey, on the affected area and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Wash it off and pat dry the area thoroughly. Do this once or twice daily until the infection clears.
- Make a paste of two teaspoons of honey and some minced garlic. Apply it on the infected skin, leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off. This may cause a stinging sensation, but it will soon stop and you will feel relief from the itchiness and inflammation. Repeat once daily until you are satisfied with the results.
Along with these remedies, bear in mind that personal hygiene is very important. Good personal hygiene will prevent jock itch from spreading to other parts of your body.