Due to its antifungal, antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties, onion can easily kill the fungus that causes jock itch or athlete’s foot and bring relief.
- Grind an onion into a paste. Apply it on the infected area. Leave it on for about 30 minutes and then rinse the area thoroughly with lukewarm water. Pat dry the area. Do this once or twice daily until you get relief. In place of onion paste, you can also use onion juice or onion oil.
- Also, add onions in your cooking to give microbial protection to your whole body.
8. Salt Bath
A salt water bath is one of the easiest ways to resolve jock itch. Salt helps control the growth of the fungus and will help the infection heal quickly. It can also be effective in treating boils and blisters. You can use Epsom salts, bath salts or just table salt.
- Fill the bathtub with warm water and mix in a generous amount of salt.
- Soak in it for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Repeat at least twice daily for best results.