7. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help treat a stiff neck. Moreover, it can help prevent muscle strain and pain related to nutrient deficiencies.
- Soak a paper napkin in raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Place it on the affected area. Allow it to sit for a few hours. Use this remedy twice daily until you feel better.
- Another option is to add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar to lukewarm bathwater. Soak in it for at least 15 minutes once daily until you recover completely.
8. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper is another effective remedy to get rid of a stiff neck. It contains capsaicin that has analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce pain and inflammation.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder in 2 tablespoons of warm olive oil. Apply this mixture to the affected area, cover with a bandage and leave it on for a few hours. Do this for a few days.
- Another option is to massage the affected area with an over-the-counter cream or lotion that has cayenne pepper or capsaicin as one of the main ingredients.
- You can also include cayenne pepper in your cooking to speed up recovery.