7. Black Peppercorn
Black peppercorns are also useful in the treatment of chilblains. They have anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation, swelling and pain.
- Grind ½ to 1 teaspoon of black peppercorns thoroughly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame seed oil and add the ground black peppercorns to it.
- Strain, and allow it cool down a little bit.
- Use this warm oil to massage the affected areas 2 or 3 times daily.
Avoid using this oil if there is any cracked skin or bleeding on the affected area.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory as well as healing properties that can help treat chilblains. It can help soothe inflammation, reduce pain and eliminate other discomforts.
- Cut open an aloe vera leaf to extract its gel.
- Apply this gel on the affected areas.
- Massage gently to increase blood circulation.
- Allow it to dry on its own, then rinse it off with a wet tissue.
- Follow this treatment 1 or 2 times daily until you see improvement.