9. Vegetable Glycerin
Vegetable glycerin can also provide comfort from a burnt tongue. It helps soothe the inflamed tissues and keeps the tongue well-moistened, which is essential for quick healing.
- Dab your tongue with a generous amount of vegetable glycerin. Allow it to sit for as long as you can bear the taste, then spit it out. Finally, rinse your mouth with cool water. Repeat several times a day.
- You can also use a glycerin-based mouthwash to rinse your mouth a few times a day.
10. Vitamin E
When it comes to healing a burnt tongue, vitamin E capsules are also effective.
The soothing nature of vitamin E oil provides instant comfort. It also speeds up the healing process by helping the tongue tissue to regenerate.
- Open a vitamin E capsule.
- Empty its content onto the surface of your tongue.
- Spread it gently using your fingers to cover the entire burnt area.
- Repeat a few times daily.
- Avoid warm or hot liquids, which could irritate the burn.
- Avoid eating acidic foods, such as tomatoes and citrus fruits.
- Avoid eating crunchy foods like potato chips or nuts.
- Avoid spicy foods, as the strong flavors could irritate your burnt tongue.
- Keep your tongue and mouth moisturized by drinking cool water.
- Suck on hard candy or chew gum to stimulate saliva production.
- Avoid alcohol and products with alcohol, as they may irritate the lining of your mouth.
- Take all necessary steps to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Before eating anything, always test the temperature of hot liquids and food.
- If you notice no significant improvement in your condition, consult your doctor immediately.