Garlic is another great treatment to dislodge fluid in the ear. Plus, garlic has antibacterial properties that help prevent ear infection as well as reduce pain.
- Press a few garlic cloves to extract the juice.
- Put two or three drops of garlic juice in the affected ear.
- Wait for one minute, and then blow dry the ear from about 12 inches away from the head. (See Blow Dryer remedy above)
10. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a great remedy to facilitate the flow of fluid trapped in the ear. Also, its antiseptic properties will reduce the risk of ear infection.
- Slightly warm some olive oil in a small bowl.
- Using a dropper, a few drops of warm olive oil in the ear.
- Allow it to settle for 10 minutes.
- Go, turn your head sideways and remove the oil as well as the fluid with a soft ear bud.
Putting two to three drops of olive oil in each ear before going for swimming will lubricate the tissues lining the ear canal and help prevent water from getting trapped in the ears.
If none of these tips work and you still have fluid in ear, consult a doctor to avoid further complications.